Saturday, March 23, 2013

Friends who tell you what you're thinking

I have a few friends who know me well enough to not only tell me what they're thinking (and believe me, they do) but to also make sense of the storm cloud of thoughts perpetually above my head and tell me what I am in fact thinking.

I am currently in Nashville visiting my friend Liz, and she is definitely one of those friends. We've known each other since our freshman year of college, so September will mark 10 years of friendship. A crazy but true fact.

One example of this deep knowingness which Liz has. During lunch I said something to the effect of, "I always just thought since I think through things so deeply and intensely that I should be with someone who thinks the same way." Liz's response: "Your poor children."

Thus far our time (my roommate Karen is here too) in Nashville has consisted of: seeing some parks, taking a tour of the Vanderbilt campus, eating lots of food, going to the same coffee shop twice b/c cinnamon honey latte amazingness, eating meatball subs in a car, meeting Liz's friends at a game night, witnessing Liz win a competition for her thesis presentation, and a craw fish boil.

Also, I am well, well, well, on my way to accomplishing many of my 2013 goals. But that update will be for another time.


No comments: