Tuesday, September 20, 2011

September Goal: Visiting a Place I've Never Been, Part 1

Over Labor Day weekend Jaelithe, Rachel, and I went to Bellingham to visit Maggie's apartment and see where she is setting up shop. While I've been to Bellingham before there were a few spots we visited that I had never been to before. The day started at church with Rachel, and then doing my best "I'm so confident I don't even care that the guy I had a crush on is sitting at church with another girl" impression while talking to some friends after the service was over. From there we went to my house where Jaelithe loaded her stuff into Rachel's car and the sounds of my Bellingham mix CD's and the kind of road trip conversations that only girls can have filled the vehicle.

We spent the afternoon going on a REALLY long walk in Bellingham in very in appropriate footwear. Jaelithe got the worst of it as evidenced by the huge blisters on her feet the next day. We stopped at a gorgeous park, talked some more, ate pretty good pizza (it's no Pagliacci!), had weird conversations with a very drunk man at the Bellingham bus stop, walked a little more, ate ice cream, and played cards.

The weirdest part was by far leaving Maggie's house the next day. I realized that we were all driving to Seattle where we lived, and that Maggie was not coming with us because she didn't live there anymore. Granted, not too much has changed! I've seen Maggie once a week since she's moved, which is more than I see some of my other friends that still live in Seattle. But, it feels like this huge sign of adulthood and growing up. Jaelithe got married, Rachel just started a new job, Maggie moved to Bellingham, and I...

...and I might be going back to school to get my Masters of Divinity starting in the fall. But more on that later...

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

What? And What? I love this idea.

Annemarie Huber said...

Great blog! It was great to catch up with you tonight. Thanks for helping me make my New Zealand dream come true and for your encouragement!