Thursday, November 18, 2010

Prompt 24: The person who gave you your first memory

I think the person who gave me my first memory was my crazy day care person. I remember she was old and crotchety and she had a series of glasses with random cartoon characters. I'm pretty sure she drank powdered milk (pretty sure that was a pretty 80's thing to do) and would always stare into her glass and swirl it around when it got close to the end of the milk.

One time I didn't eat all of my lunch (it was some sort of gross Spanish rice thing) and she sent me upstairs to go to sleep. I didn't know where she wanted me to sleep so I went upstairs and fell asleep on the floor of her bedroom. A little bit later she came up to the room and yelled at me for sleeping on the floor. I told her I didn't know where to sleep and she had me sleep in a crib. Pretty sure I was 3 years old at the time and pretty upset she was making me sleep in a crib.



So, thank you crotchety babysitter for being unkind to me and thereby giving me my first memory. Pretty sure she's no longer alive. Does this make me a bad person?

No comments: