Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 11: Someone who is dead that you wish you could talk to

I've thought about this quite a bit and think that out of all the disciples that I would be most likely to have a crush on Peter. Random stream of thought, I know, but the mind goes where the mind goes. Anyway, I also determined that I would not have a crush on Paul. I think his know-it-all pretentious perfectionist ways would drive me absolutely bonkers as those things actually drive me crazy about myself.

Because I can't date Peter (that would be weird, and wouldn't he have been pretty old when he started following Jesus? According to Wikipedia he would have been about 1 year older than Jesus, so I guess it's not all that crazy) I think I would satisfy discussing things with him. What was it like to see Jesus again after denying him? What was it like on the day of Pentecost? Did he ever get jealous of Paul? Did he really know Jesus to be the Messiah? What would he think of our getting people to "pray the prayer" in order to solidify their faith in Christ? How did he handle it when things in the world just seemed to be going crazy?

I know it might seem silly, but this is the first person I thought of. And it's late and my brain can't come up with anything "profound" to say, so there we are.

No comments: