Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Everything is Fine

I've been trying to write a blog post for two months. There just hasn't been anything that seems exceptional enough to write about. Life for the past two months has been a series of okay, fine, acceptable events. And while that's okay, I guess I just want to be in love with my life again. You know those lists I'm so used to making, the ones where I list everything that I feel so blessed by? It's been a while since I've been able to make one of those things. I could make lists and lists of things that I am okay fine with that I just need to change my outlook on and realize what a blessing they actually are.

Maybe it's a little bit like the runs I go for. The downhill stretches are rejuvenating, the uphill stretches are exhausting but exhilirating, and the straight stretches are boring. But, the boring stretches of the run are good for building stamina and preparing my body for the uphill portions. Even though at times the scenery gets dull and I'd much rather be running on a treadmill because at least then I can watch TV.

So, right now I'm in a boring stretch where everything is okay fine but nothing is exceptional. I don't know what it is that I'd like to see, but something to break up the monotony would be great. Just a baby hill (either up or down) would be great.

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

You need more Glee in your life, its like a natural high. You are so loved. Find beauty in the boring and soon enough the hills will come!

Suzanne Townsend said...

My big brother actually bought me the first part of the season for my birthday. Unfortunately, each episode is only 45 minutes which sometimes is enough to carry me through the day, and other times just not enough. In those cases, it's always helpful to watch 2 episodes :)