Wednesday, March 24, 2010

An email

I applied for a job at a church in Bellevue that I would absolutely LOVE to have. I'm pretty sure the cookie cutter they used to make this job description is that of a Suzanne sillhouette. I got the following email today:

"Suzanne, Thank you for your interest in our open position. We'd like to get to know you better. Please see the attached set of questions and get back to us. Thank you, FPCB Interview Team"

Oh my gosh I am excited! Hopefully this means I made it past the first round. The attachment is four questions that I need to answer and then I'm also supposed to provide references. I just spent 10 minutes jotting down a couple of notes for each question and I'm going to work on it Thursday and Friday. Hopefully I can submit it Friday before I go to work.

p.s. If you're wondering about the Seattle First Covenant job, they sent me an email last week saying they were about 1 1/2 months out from making a decision. They were supposed to contact my references three weeks ago but still haven't. It's a smaller church with an all volunteer search committee, so I understand the time it's taking, but it's still hard to be patient. I also applied for a job at SPU (I know, again?) that would be great and I'll hopefully hear back about whether or not I got an interview this week or next week.

4 comments:

elizdong said...

i'm praying praying praying...

Chrissie said...

SO excited for you! Just be yourself.

Rachel said...

Yay! That's awesome Suzanne! you will definitely be in my prayers!!

Suzanne Townsend said...

Thanks all! I finished writing the first question yesterday and will write another one tonight. I'm hoping to email them to the search committee on Sunday so they'll receive them Monday.