Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Living the life of a Seattle stereotype

Today on my way to the church to prep for youth group I was blown away by the realization that I am a Seattle stereotype, but hopefully in the best possible way, and I think only in that moment. I was wearing my Adidas flip flops (my official shoe of summer), listening to my iPod, drinking an iced latte, and wearing obnoxiously large black sunglasses. And this realization made me laugh really hard, even out loud a little bit. The only thing missing from this Seattle image was a copy of The Stranger tucked under my arm and a large Golden Retriever.


But, then, the ice melts in my latte, the sunglasses cause unseemly nose sweat, I get scared walking with an iPod because I can't hear people coming up behind me, and a summer of wearing the same shoes incessantly has led to large patches of dry skin. Behind the veneer of THIS Seattle stereotype is a sweaty, dog hating, watered down latte, iPod has run out of batteries, girl laughing hard at herself and all those just like her.

No comments: