Thursday, April 23, 2009

I love to laugh!

My internship is wrapping up, but I'm looking forward to still being a youth ministry volunteer next year and maybe through the summer. One thing I'm going to miss, though, is the laughing chemistry I have with my fellow youth interns this year. I rarely ever laugh as hard as I do as when I'm with Liz and Callie especially. Whether it be because of too many pancakes, or Jon Bon Jovi, or Saturday Night Live skits, or singing Limp Bizkit songs there's always plenty to keep us entertained and laughing until my projectile tears start flowing and our stomachs start hurting. I don't think I anticipated enjoying working with them as much as I do, and I feel so blessed.
It makes me think, too, of all the incredible people that I've met over the past 23 years, and how relationships come and go. How, despite all the great people I've met, they're are many more I'll never meet, or great people I've met but never had the opportunity to build friendships with. And sometimes I think about what would have happened if I hadn't gone to SPU and met Liz, or started working at the hotel and met Katja, or began attending Bethany and met Maggie. There's no rhyme or reasons to these thoughts. Just musings about how great some people are, and how lucky I feel to have met a few.

2 comments:

Ric Wild said...

rollin', rollin', rollin' (what)
keep rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin' (come on)
keep rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin' (yeah)
keep rollin', rollin', rollin', rollin'

Suzanne Townsend said...

In the words of another poet:
Yeah, Yeah yeah, Yeah yeah, Yeaah
Yeah, Yeah yeah, Yeah yeah, Yeaah