Thursday, March 19, 2009

March Madness

Today, for the first time ever, I filled out a March Madness bracket. A guy I work with handed me one, and not having heard of half of the schools, or being certain if what I was filling out was for pro teams or college teams, I did what any sensible person did...I alphabetized my list. It was a very scientific process: I took the first bracket and selected the team closest to the beginning of the alphabet (Lousiville) and then took the next bracket and selected the team that closest followed the previous team (Utah). When I got to the end of the alphabet I started over again.

The end result? I put Butler and Chattanooga, two teams that according to my research have not been in the final four EVER since March Madness began in 1939, battling for the National Championship. And both of my teams were eliminated tonight. In devastating losses.

Oh well, it was the first year I've ever made a bracket. Maybe next year I'll make it further than the first round.

2 comments:

Ric Wild said...

You could of at least picked a #1 to win.

Suzanne Townsend said...

See, I don't even know what that means. Pick a who to what?